- This method uses 40% sucrose solution instead of sucrose powder.
- This method is convenient and easy, and does not involve adjustment of volume.
- Bromophenol blue
- Xylene cyanol FF
- 40% (W/V) Sucrose solution
- Deionized / Milli-Q water
Equipment and disposables:
- Measuring cylinder
- Conical flask / Beaker / 15 ml screw-capped tube
- 0.25% (W/V) bromophenol blue
- 0.25% (W/V) xylene cyanol FF
- 40% (W/V) sucrose
Preparation of 10 ml of 6X DNA loading dye containing bromophenol blue, xylene cyanol FF and Sucrose
- To prepare 10 ml of 6X DNA loading dye, weigh out 25 mg bromophenol blue and 25 mg xylene cyanol FF. Transfer it to screw-capped tube (15 ml with millilitre marks) / beaker / conical flask. Add 10 ml of 40% sucrose solution. Mix until all ingredients are dissolved completely.
Note: This method is simple and convenient as it does not involve readjustment of solution volume. There will not be any significant change in the volume of 40% sucrose solution when you dissolve small amount of bromophenol blue and xylene cyanol FF in it.
Tips: We recommend to use disposable nuclease nuclease-free (DNase- and RNase-free) 15 ml screw-capped tube with millilitre marks. Transfer all the contents in it. Add 10 ml 40% sucrose solution and mix the content by inverting the tube number of times or using rotator.
- Store the solution at -20°C for long time. Solution can be stored at 2 – 8°C for few weeks.
Tips: It is recommended to store the solutions in small aliquots (1 ml).
|To prepare 6X agarose gel loading dye of various volume (5 ml, 10 ml, 25 ml, 100), follow the table.|
|Reagents / Volume||5 ml||10 ml||25 ml||50 ml||100 ml|
|Bromophenol blue||12.5 mg||25 mg||62.5 mg||125 mg||250 mg|
|Xylene cynol FF||12.5 mg||25 mg||62.5 mg||125 mg||250 mg|
|40% Sucrose solution||5 ml||10 ml||25 ml||50 ml||100 ml|